Popular Historian- Stephen Ambrose
- Ambrose received his PhD in history from the University of Wisconsin in 1963- his mentor was the influential William Hesseltine
- The Civil War was Ambrose’s first focus- he authored books on Emory Upton and Henry Halleck
- Ambrose was the founder of the National D-Day in museum in New Orleans
- “Band of Brothers”, the miniseries, earned Ambrose an Emmy award as a producer. His book is better…
- Every accusation of plagiarism leveled against Ambrose came from a passage cited in one of his books. He cited the books he was accused of stealing from- hardly the definition of plagiarism.