For History’s sake, I’d like to see…
- The Thomas Jefferson Foundation focus on Jefferson scholarship and curatorial work, rather than Hemings family research
- A national movement to protect historical monuments and memorials from vandals who would erase our past to suit their present
- A proper monument to Dwight D. Eisenhower on the National Mall. Not a politically correct “interpretation” of the man’s life.
- A Presidential candidate who can quote Jefferson and Madison- and not be considered a zealot.
- A new President not named Bush or Clinton
- Congressional term limits
- So-called “public intellectuals” praise America’s history, rather than apologize for it
- Fewer history PhD’s, more public historians
- Less angst over the Confederate flag, more effort at learning the history behind it
- Andrew Jackson’s face on the $20 replaced with Clara Barton’s
- Your continued readership and support……