McKinley Assassination Edition
- Leon Czolgosz tried unsuccessfully to join Emma Goldman’s anarchist circle
- McKinley attended the national encampment of the Grand Army of the Republic before arriving in Buffalo for the Pan-American Exposition.
- Czolgosz planned to shoot McKinley on September 5th, but could not get close during the Presidential speech.
- Security officers repeatedly pummeled Czolgosz after the shooting- until McKinley ordered them to stop, “Go easy on him now boys…”
- Gangrene in the digestive tract killed McKinley