Things only a historian could wish for….
- Paul Ryan becomes the next Henry Clay- reestablishing the power of Congress against an Imperial Presidency
- Legitimate scholarship on the Obama Presidency
- Completion of the Eisenhower Memorial on the National Mall- followed by greater appreciation of his Presidency
- Congress take a leading role in preserving historical sites around the country
- Stop destroying Confederate monuments
- Stop flying the Confederate flag on government property
- Stop the indiscriminate renaming of buildings and institutions- more debate, less emotion please
- Judge historical figures in the context of THEIR time, not ours
- A multi-volume biography of James Madison
- More research, scholarship, and debate- fewer musicals
- End all foolish talk of secession- 715,000 Americans died destroying that fallacy
- A Civil War movie from the soldiers’ point of view- not politically correct drivel about race
- More living historians- fewer PhD’s
- Every vote counts- and the electoral process works- accept it.