Overland Campaign Edition
- US Grant never commanded the Army of the Potomac- George Meade maintained tactical command until the end of the war
- Phil Sheridan was defeated by Confederate Cavalry chief Wade Hampton in the largest mounted battle of the war-Trevillian Station
- Best estimates for Grant’s casualties are found in the West Point Atlas of the Civil War- between 75-90,000 troops in 8 weeks
- Custer received his second star (brevet, US Vols.) during the campaign- the youngest man to earn the rank.
- Grant promoted Emory Upton to brigadier general for his innovative assault on the Confederate works at Spotsylvania