Daniel Webster edition
- Webster is one of two men to serve as United States Secretary of State under three Presidents: Harrison, Tyler, and Fillmore.
- Webster represented New Hampshire in the House of Representatives and Massachusetts in the Senate.
- The leading Constitutional scholar of his day, Webster argued 223 cases in front of the Supreme Court.
- Support for Clay’s Compromise of 1850 led to his resignation from the Senate that same year.
- Webster sought the Whig Party nomination for President three times… he never secured it.