Many thanks to Pittsburgh Mayor, Bill Peduto (@billpeduto #billpeduto) for the added traffic to this blog. A few points of contention which need clarifying:
- Nothing in my posting entitled “Pittsburgh Fails History” was historically inaccurate. In fact, my source was from the University of Pittsburgh’s own website.
- I never mentioned the Commission you so vehemently defended.
- I questioned the historical motivations behind removing Stephen Foster’s monument.
- I considered the removal a mistake; a decision based upon politics, not the historical record.
- You attacked the integrity of my blog… a most political tactic.
- Not one negative comment was left about the post. I declare victory, Mr. Mayor.